2014 - PCMH2B
The practice has a documented process for giving patients/families/caregivers information about the role and responsibilities of the medical home:
- Specific services patients can expect from the practice.
- Whom to contact for specific concerns, questions and information.
- The roles of the care team.
- The practice is encouraged to provide information in multiple formats to accommodate patient preference and language needs.
For all factors that require a documented process, the documented process includes a date of implementation or revision and has been in place for at least three months prior to submitting the PCMH 2014 Survey Tool.
For the factors below, NCQA reviews a documented process for giving patients information and materials about the role of a medical home, and patient materials, such as:
- Patient brochure.
- Letter to the patient/family/caregiver.
- Web materials.
- A written agreement between the patient/family/caregiver and the practice, specifying the role of the medical home, the practice and the patient/family/caregiver (i.e., a patient compact).
- A sample record transfer request form.
- 1 2.B.1 The practice is responsible for coordinating patient care across multiple settings.
- 2 2.B.2 Instructions for obtaining care and clinical advice during office hours and when the office is closed.
- 3 2.B.3 The practice functions most effectively as a medical home if patients provide a complete medical history and information about care obtained outside the practice.
- 4 2.B.4 The care team provides access to evidence-based care, patient/family education and self-management support.
- 5 2.B.5 The scope of services available within the practice including how behavioral health needs are addressed.
- 6 2.B.6 The practice provides equal access to all of their patients regardless of source of payment.
- 7 2.B.7 The practice gives uninsured patients information about obtaining coverage.
- 8 2.B.8 Instructions on transferring records to the practice, including a point of contact at the practice.