PCC PCMH Resources
This wiki serves as an informal repository of PCMH documentation related to NCQA's 2017 Standards. Some of the content here comes from PCC clients who have generously allowed us to use their material. Nothing in this wiki is official PCC documentation and should be used at your own risk.
PCC's Resources for 2014 PCMH Standards (Outdated as of October, 2017)
PCC Collaboration with The Verden Group's Patient Centered Solutions
The Verden Group’s Patient Centered Solutions (PCS) has collaborated with PCC to provide a comprehensive program assisting PCC clients in achieving NCQA's PCMH 2014 Recognition. Contact PCC for more details on this offering.
2017 PCMH Standards
NCQA has redesigned PCMH Recognition. The redesigned program includes ongoing, sustained recognition status with Annual Reporting instead of a 3-year recognition cycle. NCQA based the redesign on feedback from practices, policy makers, payers and other stakeholders. The program is more manageable, while continuing to concentrate on performance and quality improvement. It also reduces paperwork and increases practice interaction with NCQA. With the redesigned process came new 2017 standards that were released in April, 2017.
PCC has organized the 2017 PCMH Standards in this wiki to provide quick reference to the 2017 standards themselves and, where applicable, documentation showing how PCC functionality applies to individual PCMH factors. In some cases, PCC clients have also generously allowed us to reference their material.
As of 03/07/2018, practices utilizing PCC can benefit from reduced documentation for criteria designated as “partially met criteria” and have criteria designated as “fully met criteria” marked as “met” in full. As documented in the PCMH 2017 Letter of Credit Approval/Transfer Credit Summary, each PCC client practice that wishes to apply for NCQA PCMH 2017 Recognition will need to complete the following steps to use PCC's prevalidated status:
- Download the NCQA-issued PCMH 2017 Letter of Credit Approval/Transfer Credit Summary
- Contact PCC to get a Letter of Product Implementation indicating which prevalidated tool(s)/modules approved for autocredit have been implemented at your practice.
- Log-In to QPASS and complete the following steps:
- Click “My Evaluations”
- Hover over Action and select “Organization Dashboard”
- Select “Transfer Credits” button
- On the “Select Program” screen, pick “Vendor”
- Select the applicable practice site(s)
- Using the evidence component, upload the Letter of Product Implementation
- Click the “Submit for Review” button
- Receive approval from your NCQA Representative. Once your transfer credit is approved, all eligible criteria with transfer credit will be marked as “met.”
Chart Review Rubrics for 3C, 3D, and 4A courtesy of Plateau Pediatrics in TN
NCQA PCMH 2014: Behind the Enhancements free webinar download